miércoles, 30 de marzo de 2011

Yangon (Myanmar) - Somewhere over the rainbow

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high

It was a dark night, almost a scary one. We jumped out of the bus at 4.30 AM from Bagan with our eyes still closed. The sky was a big shadow far away from us.

And the dreams that you dreamed of
Once in a lullaby

A few jokes, a funny situation and a ramshackle, run down car with a broken window decorated the moment... That completely gutted taxi was about to take us to our hotel.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Blue birds fly

We sat down and I put my arm around her. We were really comfortable. Me with her. Her with me. She wanted to make me hear her favorite song so she took her iPod and shared an earphone to me. Meanwhile the taxi was heading down a wild road chasing tail lights fading into the distance. Suddenly there were no more lights, just the frightening black color waiting for us. It was darkness against us.

And the dreams that you dreamed of
Dreams really do come true

A song began with an amorous musical rhythm. I knew that song. What a romantic coincidence, it was one of my favorite songs too.

Someday I'll wish upon a star
Wake up where the clouds are far behind me

The night was extremely dark. That city doesn't have much light. It's because of the goverment that doesn't give a damn about the city and its citizens. Although it could seem a horrible scene, I must say there was a beautiful view out there.

Where trouble melts like lemon drops
High above the chimney tops thats where you'll find me

I relaxed as the song continued. We were quiet, I was amazed with the situation. All the things, the thoughts, the decisions, the worries that made me feel unconfortable, flew away. There were no more problems in my life. At least for a while.

Somewhere over the rainbow bluebirds fly
And the dream that you dare to,why, oh why can't I?

I stared at the huge darkness that was hugging that old burmese car. I didn't want to arrive to the hotel. I rather be sitting there with my good friend than sleeping in a warm bed. I didn't need a warm bed, that moment was already warm. My tireness went for a walk, left me happy and with no worries. I needed no more than what I had.

Well I see trees of green and
Red roses too,

The only things that made me realise I was awakened were the lights of the cars that were coming in the opposite way.

I'll watch them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

Those lights were beautiful. So round, so white, just bright spots in a black background. Those friendly lights were fighting as much as they could against the monstrous darkness.

Well I see skies of blue and I see clouds of white
And the brightness of day

I could have been staring at her for hours. Even a tragic car crash wouldn't have changed my attention to that white, clean, soft skin. I wanted to make a trip to those carnival lips too. Maybe later.

I like the dark and I think to myself
What a wonderful world

I wished she smiled. God, she has beautiful smile. But she didn't. She was also inmersed in her thoughts, listening to that precious song.

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people passing by

I wished that moment lasted for ever, but nothing lasts for ever (even cold novenber rain). Maybe one day I'll ask the good Lord why beautifull moments come and go with such a crazy speed... Maybe she's right and it's just that love is cruel.

I see friends shaking hands
Saying, "How do you do?"

They're really saying, I love you

That night I swear I would´ve sold my soul to have five more minutes of that happiness.

I hear babies cry and I watch them grow,
They'll learn much more
Than we'll know

I think that I must have gone insane. I was there with her but I felt like I was already missing her. Is that possible? I realised that it was going to be really hard letting her go. Anyway I didn´t have any other choice, did I?

And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

When the song had finished, I smiled at her and told her the truth: that was also one of my favorite songs. A pretty smile was her present to me. Don't worry, I'll hold it for ever in my heart.

Someday I'll wish upon a star,
Wake up where the clouds are far behind me


My fingers touched her face with kindness. Her skin was as soft as silk. There was no need for more words. That moment was enought to be remembered for a long time. Maybe it becomes an eternal moment that will be swimming in our minds for the rest of our lives.

Where trouble melts like lemon drops
High above the chimney top that's where you'll find me

 
Magic songs give us magic moments. Sometimes you need no more than a good song, a black road, white spots in the distance and a very, very nice friend.

Somewhere over the rainbow way up high
And the dream that you dare to, why, oh why can't I?

What can I say? Maybe she's right and i'm a charmer.
Or maybe I´m right and it's just love...

Todos los caminos conducen a Roma...

5 comentarios:

  1. Gaboo, pura poesía, pura ternura, hasta que llegás al final del post y ves al gordo ese en el agua.... me la bajó mal...

    Abrazoooo

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Si gonzo pero vos te diste cuenta que es el video con la cancion que estabamos escuchando en ese momento??

    Gracias por ser mi lector permanente amigo!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Alguien puso play en mi cabeza y se empezó a escuchar esa canción mientras leía el post
    Sentia q estaba mirando una película jaja

    Igual ahora te odio

    (Y pensé lo mismo que Gon con lo del video! Podías poner otro!)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Y bueno amigos, el viaje fue completo, tan completo que hasta tuve un gran amor de viaje...

    Basta de bardear el video, ese tipo es el de la version, es un genio! Que en paz descanse...

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Dicen que en realidad lo que toca es una guitarra, pero como el tipo es tan grandote, parece que es un ukelele.

    Grande Israel!!

    ResponderEliminar